The cool winter months can take a major toll upon the look and feel of your skin as the elements can cause some harsh effects. To keep your skin healthy throughout the season here are some essential skin care tips that will help your image and your health.
- Stay hydrated – to keep your skin well hydrated, make sure that you drink lots of water throughout the day. If you’re dehydrated, your skin will be too.
- Use a humidifier – when the heat is on in your home, it can be more drying to your skin. Using a humidifier will help prevent dry skin and cracking that can occur.
- Exfoliate and use an oil-based moisturizer – using an exfoliating product once or twice a week can remove dead skin cells. Winter is also the time to reintroduce oil-based moisturizer into your regimen.
- Remember the sunscreen – the sun and UV rays are still present in winter, and your skin can be especially sensitive if you’re already experiencing drying and other harsh effects from the weather. Make sure that you use sunscreen every time you step outside to protect your skin.
- Use flaxseed oil – this is a natural moisturizer that can help prevent drying of the skin through nutrients. Make sure that you incorporate it into your daily routine.
Visit our website today to learn about Skin Care options available at the Elite Facial Plastic Surgery!