No matter what your age, wrinkle reducing tips can help you stay young looking longer. The fact is, we all want to age gracefully. However the truth is that no matter how hard we try to reduce wrinkles, at some point they will appear. Although we can’t ward them off forever, we can certainly take steps to avoid and reduce wrinkles in the short term and eliminate them once they have formed. Here are some wrinkle reducing tips that will help you keep your face looking as young as you feel:
8 Wrinkle Reducing Tips:
1. Prevention: Avoid the sun. Exposing your face to harsh elements like wind and sun will dry out your skin and cause a loss of collagen. It is critical to wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses when out in the weather. Prevention from a young age will help keep your face looking younger longer.
2. Moisturize: No matter what the advertisements say, moisturizers and creams will not reduce wrinkles once they have formed, however keeping your face moisturized will help keep your skin supple and prevent it from drying out and forming wrinkles in the first place. Using a moisturizer during the day with sunscreen will provide added protection from the damaging rays of the sun.
3. Care for your body: Wrinkle reduction literally starts from the inside out, so take great care of your body. Sleep well, eat well and don’t smoke. You should also drink lots of water. Your skin is made up of 65% water. Staying hydrated is an important factor in keeping skin from drying out and preventing wrinkles from forming.
Wrinkle Reducing Cosmetic Treatments
4. Botox Cosmetic: Botox is an injectable treatment that relaxes the muscles in the face, reducing wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and forehead. It is used primarily to treat wrinkles and lines that have formed due to muscle contraction, like frowning or squinting. Botox is a temporary solution but it is extremely popular because it is effective, requires little or no downtime and the results can last up to 4 months.
5. Injectable fillers: Injectable fillers like Radiesse, Restylane and Juvederm literally fill in deep creases and folds on the face. When injected into problem areas, they instantly add volume to the skin and smooth out wrinkles and folds in the face. While they are still a temporary solution, injectable fillers produce immediate, long lasting wrinkle reduction with little or no downtime.
6. Laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing involves the use of a laser to remove the top layer of skin and to reach into the deeper layers of skin to treat blemishes, discoloration and other imperfections. This procedure improves the clarity and texture of skin but it has the added benefit of stimulating collagen production to reduce wrinkles from forming in the future.
7. Non-surgical facelift: A non-surgical facelift combines the use of injectable fillers and Botox on the entire face to reduce wrinkles in multiple areas. The non-surgical facelift is used to raise the corners of the mouth, reduce wrinkles around the eyes, nose and forehead as well as to add volume and improve the contour of the face. Non-surgical facelifts mimic the results of a surgical facelift but the results are temporary. Patients who are not ready for surgery choose this option because the procedure requires only minimal downtime and produces and allover younger, more vibrant look.
8. Facelift: While the procedures and preventive methods above produce a temporary reduction in wrinkles, a facelift is a surgical procedure that will reduce wrinkles and improve facial contours permanently. Because it is surgery, involving cutting and tightening of facial skin, it involves more downtime than non-invasive procedures like injectables and laser treatments. However, advanced techniques available today, like the Simplicity facelift, have been perfected and are much less traumatic on patients. The results are permanent, beautiful and downtime is dramatically less than traditional facelift surgery.
Wrinkle Reduction Treatments Best with Doctor’s Help
Wrinkles don’t have to be an inevitable consequence of aging. Prevention can truly reduce your chances of early lines and creases in your face. Once wrinkles have formed, advance wrinkle reduction techniques can erase years from your face. A qualified cosmetic surgeon, like Dr. Castellano of Elite Facial Plastic Surgery can evaluate your needs and your health to create a customized solution to fit you and your lifestyle.
Elite Facial Plastic Surgery is a state-of-the art, fully accredited medical facility dedicated to helping patients look their best and reverse the aging process. Dr. Dominic Castellano is a double-board certified plastic surgeon, making him one of the foremost experts in the field of cosmetic surgery. If you are ready to reduce wrinkles and lines from your face and regain a youthful appearance, Elite Facial Plastic Surgery offers complimentary consultations so that you can explore your options and find a solution that is perfect for you. Call (813) 975-3223 today to schedule your complimentary visit or go to www.elitetampa.com for more information.