Coolsculpting is a procedure developed by Zeltiq Aesthetics, Inc. which uses cooling to eliminate stubborn fat cells through a non-invasive treatment that requires no surgery. The process is called cryolipolysis and it causes death to subcutaneous fat tissue without affecting skin or muscle tissue.
10 Reasons to Choose Coolsculpting to Remove Stubborn Fat
1) Coolsculpting is the only non-surgical body shaping treatment that requires no needles, no incisions, no special diets, no supplements and no scars.
2) The non-invasive procedure is FDA-cleared, safe and proven effective at eliminating fat cells.
3) Coolsculpting is proven to deliver noticeable and measurable reduction of fat in the treated areas. Patients can start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment with full effects appearing after 3 months.
4) Patients often see a decrease in stubborn fat bulges after just one treatment, although additional sessions may help patients attain even greater fat reduction in the desired area.
5) There is no recovery period following a treatment and no downtime necessary. Patients can return to work and other activities immediately following the procedure.
6) Coolsculpting is not painful. Patients can sit or lie comfortably during treatment to read, work on a laptop or even nap.
7) The procedure carries far fewer risks than liposuction or other surgical body contouring techniques. Since there are no incisions or needles, there is no chance of infection or of complications developing during the healing period.
8) Coolsculpting does not affect skin, muscle or organ cells, but only targets and destroys fat cells. The healthy tissue in the treated areas…remains healthy.
9) The treatments are conducted only in medical offices under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor. The procedure is also customized to meet the individual needs of the patient.
10) Coolsculpting REMOVES THE FAT CELLS PERMANENTLY from the treated area. The fat cells are destroyed by the cooling process and eliminated from the body over several months. As long as the patient maintains a normal diet and exercise, the long term results will remain stable.
Coolsculpting is not meant for patients that are obese or want to lose a lot of weight, but rather helps normal weight patients to eliminate pockets of stubborn fat that have not responded to a diet or exercise program. The procedure works best on bulges and flabs along the belly, butt, hips or thighs.
The process that destroys the fat cells is called cryolipolysis and it works by cooling the treated areas enough to kill off the fat cells… and only the fat cells. Scientists have determined that subcutaneous fat tissue will crystalize and experience cell death at a higher temperature than other type of body tissue. So this means that the Coolsculpting process will obliterate fat cells without damaging the skin, muscle or any other healthy tissue during the procedure. When the pockets of fat are exposed to extreme cold, it activates a natural removal process which gradually reduces the thickness of the fat layer.
This process differs from other medical body sculpting procedures in that it is entirely non-invasive and does not affect surrounding tissue in any way. For example, liposuction removes both fat cells and healthy tissue cells in the treated area. This is more painful and it means that the body must spend time healing after the liposuction is completed. There are also more likely to be remaining scars following a surgical treatment and a greater risk of infection or complication following an invasive procedure. Coolsculpting carries none of the same risks, but offers the reduction in stubborn fat.
If you would like to learn if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting, please contact Elite Facial Plastic Surgery to schedule a complimentary consultation with a member of the medical staff. Every patient is unique so should arrange an initial consultation with the medical team to discuss fat loss goals and agree on a customized plan for treatment. Please call (813) 975-3223 today to learn more about Coolsculpting and how it will work for you. www.EliteTampa.com