If you live in Tampa area or in South Florida, you already know that the harsh sun can cause premature aging. That is one reason why more people in Florida turn to facelift surgery than residents of northern states. Facelift surgery is a great way to roll back the clock on aging, but it is not always the right solution for everyone. If you are considering facial surgery, here are 10 things you need to know before getting a facelift in Tampa:
1) Choosing the right surgeon is essential for optimal results. A good surgeon makes all the difference so make sure to meet with the surgeon in advance, check the credentials and follow up on references from past patients. Take a look at before and after photos and make sure that the surgeon is board-certified and exceptionally experienced. A good facelift should leave the patient looking naturally younger, not wind-blown or plastic.
Not all Facelifts in Tampa are the Same:
2) Not all facelifts are the same! There are many different procedures that have been labeled as ‘facelifts’ and not all are equally effective. Some laser treatments have been marketed as facelifts and there are also dermal filler facelifts. These each have benefits, but it is critical to understand what the surgeon means when he uses the term facelift.
3) Understand what areas of your face will be addressed by a facelift. A facelift will reduce wrinkles in the mid and lower regions of the face, but not eliminate wrinkles around the eyes or on the forehead. It is best to consult with the surgeon to explain what areas you wish to address and listen to his recommendation on the best procedure to help you achieve your desired look.
4) Ask about different options for reducing wrinkles before deciding on a facelift. A facelift may be your best choice but unless you understand all the various treatments available, it is hard to feel good about the decision without enough information.
Do your Research before Scheduling Facelift in Tampa
5) Get all the details on the facelift procedure. Ask the surgeon about their technique and explain exactly how the procedure will be done. Will the facelift tighten the underlying muscles or just the overlying facial skin? Will it involve multiple incisions, if so, where? Will it be done under anesthesia or iv sedation? The more information you have before scheduling surgery, the most likely you are to be pleased with the results
6) Learn how long the facelift will last. A surgical facelift should last the rest of your life if done correctly, so be sure to ask the question if not already addressed by the surgeon.
7) Request specifics about the recovery time and what to expect. Should you take time off? If so, how long before resuming normal activities? Are there follow up treatments or instructions for home care? Most credible surgeons will want to see you for a follow up visit to be sure that you are healing properly and also will give you some tips on skin care following the facelift procedure.
Look for an Accredited Medical Facility for a Facelift in Tampa
8) Ask where the actual surgery will take place. All surgery should be done in an accredited medical facility, either a hospital setting or an accredited office that is fully equipped to handle any emergencies. Also inquire about the qualifications of the attending staff to be sure that they are also qualified.
9) Get a full listing of the costs of the procedure. Ask about if the facility or anesthesia costs are billed separately from the surgical costs. Make sure you have budgeted for the total that covers all aspects of facelift surgery.
10) Make sure you are comfortable with the surgeon and have all the answers before scheduling a procedure. If at any step of the process you do not feel as though you are getting the complete information or if you are being pressured in anyway, it is time to seek out a different surgeon.
The number one key is selecting the right surgeon for the facelift surgery! An excellent facial plastic surgeon will take the time to provide all the details and describe his or her technique and philosophy. Look for the surgeon that has proven success at providing natural looking results that leave you looking younger and more refreshed, not overdone and stretched.
We encourage you to set a complementary consultation with Dr. Dominic Castellano at Elite Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Castellano is double board-certified in facial plastic surgery and is known for his expertise and ability to deliver the most natural looking facelift in the Tampa area. Ask for information about the Simplicity Facelift which provides permanent results with minimal downtime.
Elite Facial Plastic Surgery and Body Rejuventation is a fully accredited medical facility located in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Dominic Castellano is double-board certified and is a highly respected and experienced plastic surgeon. Call (813)975-3223 today to schedule your complimentary visit or go to our website for more information www.EliteTampa.com.