Taking care of your skin will help you to remain looking youthful and healthy throughout your life. While most Americans want to ensure that they look younger; few actually know how to take care of their skin properly. Here are a few tips for creating your regular skin care regimen, but for more detail, come in for a visit and have our skin care specialists and doctors suggest what might work best of your specific skin type!
1. Use SPF – moisturizers and sunscreens with SPF are necessary year-round as UV rays are a major cause of aging. Even when it’s cold or cloudy, UV rays can still be harmful.
2. Choose the right cleanser – remember to wash your face morning and night and pick a cleanser that suits your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, oily skin, combination skin, or dry skin, you’ll find different types work better for you. Look for a cleanser designed for your skin type!
3. Remove makeup – women who wear makeup during the day need to ensure that they remove it at night. A product designed to remove eye makeup is beneficial and a cleanser works to remove product from the skin.
4. Use an exfoliant – remove dead skin cells by exfoliating about once a week with a product that contains Retin A or alpha hydroxyl acid.
5. Treat your skin – a peel or microdermabraison treatment can help your skin look fresh and youthful.