Millions of people all over the world are enjoying the many benefits of plastic surgery, invasive and non-invasive. Although most insurance companies do not foot the bill for cosmetic procedures, statistics show that more and more people are happy to pay out of pocket for their desired procedures.
Plastic surgery is a personal choice, and all options should be thought through carefully before a patient commits to a procedure. Some people believe in enhancing their natural beauty with injectable fillers, microdermabrasion, or chemical peels as this improves their self-esteem.
Below are some of the top trends and statistics in cosmetic and plastic surgery being performed today, according to the National Certified Board of Plastic Surgeons:
- Growth in Numbers: 13.1 million plastic surgeries were performed last year (2010). Many people are paying out of pocket to achieve their best look, which proves more confidence with cosmetic and plastic surgery trends.
- Most Desired Surgeries: The top five procedures are breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, eyelid lift, liposuction, and tummy tucks. Facelifts and neck lifts have also become more popular than in previous years.
- Body Contouring: Upper arm lifts, thigh lifts, buttocks and breast lifts are becoming increasingly popular compared to previous years.
- Non-Invasive Procedures: Procedures like microdermabrasion, Botox and soft tissue fillers, laser hair removal and chemical peels are becoming more popular than more invasive plastic surgeries.
- Reconstructive Surgery: These surgeries include removing tumors, breast reconstruction due to cancer, scar and laceration repair. Many of these surgeries are covered by medical insurance companies and people are finally embracing this.
Consult a Doctor on Today’s Plastic Surgery Trends
Cosmetic procedures are becoming more popular every year as technology and medicinal practice gets better and better. Although plastic or cosmetic surgery is a personal choice, it is comforting to know that it is safe and practiced by millions all over the world. If your interest is piqued with knowledge of the above statistics, book a consultation at Elite Facial Plastic Surgery today.