When you’re preparing for a cosmetic procedure, you want to ensure you have all of your ducks in a row before it’s time to go under the knife. A little bit of planning and organization can go along way to making the recovery period seamless, so try these tips to get organized before your surgery.
1. Learn about your recovery from the Doctor– the more information you have, the better prepared you will be. Ensure that you ask questions about the physical limitations and the duration of recovery for your particular procedure.
2. Make a ‘To Do’ List– Write down all the things that you would normally do on a weekly basis and prioritize them. Some don’t need to be done, and for those that do, you can help find help!
3. Ask for help – Any tasks that can’t wait during your recovery can be delegated. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, you’ll find that your loved ones will be jumping at the chance to give you a hand!
4. Take on new tasks at home -it’s great to continue to feel like you still play a role in your household even if you can’t do physical tasks. Trade off to take on responsibilities you can do, even if it means taking over bill paying or arranging appointments by phone. –
5. Prepare to be entertained – if you’re stuck in one place then you’ll need to keep yourself entertained. Books, magazines and movies on hand will ensure that your time of recovery will be enjoyable.