If you are thinking about Tampa plastic surgery, it is important to avoid being impulsive and to make an educated, informed decision. Do your research and then be sure to schedule at least one consultation before deciding to move forward. A consultation is a chance for you and the physician to discuss your goals and determine the best way treatments to enhance your appearance. It also allows you to learn more about the plastic surgeon’s credentials and make sure that the partnership will be a good one. While there are many reasons to get a Tampa facial plastic surgery consultation, here are some the best:
1. Meet the doctor/learn his philosophy: Your Tampa plastic surgeon will be your partner in achieving your goals. You need to make sure that you feel comfortable with the surgeon and his/her communication style and philosophy. You want your plastic surgeon to be a good listener, a good communicator and to have the same philosophy toward the outcome of plastic surgery that you do. Does the surgeon believe in using cosmetic surgery to create extreme makeovers or is he/she focused on making sure you still look natural? It is also critical to make sure that you examine your doctor’s credentials to make sure that he/she is board certified or even double board certified. Dr. Castellano, of Elite Facial Plastic Surgery, is double board certified. He is an expert at using Tampa plastic surgery to achieve beautiful, natural-looking results that enhance your intrinsic beauty without making you look fake.
Plastic Surgery Consultation helps Clarify your Goals
2. Clarify your goals: Getting a consultation prior to Tampa plastic surgery is critical to ensuring a successful outcome. It is important to explain your goals with your cosmetic surgeon. This will ensure that he or she knows exactly what results you are looking for and that the right treatment program can be designed specifically for you. During the consultation, the surgeon will ask questions, show you photographs and look at your body and health history to gain a complete understanding of your needs and wants.
3. Discuss your options: Although you may think you know exactly what procedure or combination of procedures will produce the results you are looking for, your cosmetic surgeon may have options that you haven’t considered. Tampa plastic surgery is becoming more advanced every day. A consultation is likely to open your eyes to new techniques or treatment options that will actually produce better results than you would have hoped or that will cost less but be just as effective. When you attend your consultation, make sure you keep an open mind. Explain what results you are looking for but let the surgeon help you determine which procedure or combination of procedures will produce those results most effectively.
Get your Questions Answered during Plastic Surgery Consultation
4. Ask questions: We know you have questions. It is always recommended that you research procedures prior to attending a consultation so that you are armed with comprehensive questions about the procedure itself and about risks and recovery times. When you meet with the surgeon it is important that you ask all of your questions before making a decision to proceed with Tampa plastic surgery. No question is too insignificant. The more you know, the easier it will be for you to make the right decision and the better prepared you will be for the procedure itself as well as pre and post-operative care.
5. Tour the facility/Find out about accreditation: Your Tampa plastic surgery can be performed at a hospital or at an accredited outpatient facility, like Elite Facial Plastic Surgery. An accredited facility is one that must meet strict national standards for equipment, operating room safety, personnel and surgeon credentials. Once you have verified the facility’s accreditation, you should be given the opportunity to tour the facility, or make an appointment to tour the facility if it is in a different location. Make sure it is clean, organized and staffed with the right medical and support staff to ensure that your procedure and follow up care are handled properly.
6. See before and after photos: Tampa plastic surgery is designed to make you look and feel your absolute best. It allows you to reverse the aging process or sculpt your face and body to better reflect your inner self. Before making a decision to go forward with surgery, make sure your cosmetic surgeon shows you plenty of before and after photos of the procedure that you are considering. Not only do you want to see the quality of work that your surgeon performs, but you will want to make sure that you understand exactly what results you should expect from your procedure. A discussion of the photos will also help you and your surgeon develop a better understanding of your needs and wants.
7. Find out about costs and financing options: Tampa plastic surgery is not usually covered by insurance and payment is usually required in advance. Costs will include the surgeon’s fee and fees for the surgical facility and anesthesia. Other possible costs are the pre-operative physical and blood work, medications, surgical garments, and private-duty nursing. While it is tempting to “bargain shop”, or compromise, the training and experience of your surgeon are the most important factors in the success of your surgery. Cost is important but not at the expense of your health. Do not compromise.
Elite Facial Plastic Surgery is the premier cosmetic surgery center in Tampa. The facility is fully accredited. Dr. Castellano is double board certified and his staff is highly trained to provide you with an outstanding level of care. During your consultation, Dr. Castellano will discuss your goals with you personally. You will work together to create a customized plan for rejuvenating your appearance. If you are considering a Tampa plastic surgery procedure, call Elite Facial Plastic Surgery today to schedule your complimentary consultation or visit our web site at www.EliteTampa.com for more information.