Facelifts are known as the “gold standard” for reversing the aging process and giving patients back their youthful appearance. In Tampa, facelift patients need to understand that while the procedure is considered permanent, our intense sun and climate can continue to damage and age skin even after a facelift unless patients take the right precautions. It is important to take care of the skin and the body long term to ensure that your youthful appearance is maintained. Dr. Castellano, of Elite Facial Plastic Surgery, recommends the following steps to his Tampa facelift patients to ensure beautiful results that last.
Tampa Facelift Patients Should Still Avoid Too Much Sun
1. Protect yourself from the sun. The sun is the primary cause of aging by Tampa facelift patients. Despite surgery, the sun will continue to damage your skin if you don’t take active steps to prevent future damage. It is always recommended to avoid direct exposure to the sun. Wear hats and sunglasses when exposed to bright sunlight and wear sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher whenever you are outdoors. Makeup with added SPF protection will also guard against future sun damage.
2. Take care of your body. It is important at all phases of life to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This is true for Tampa facelift patients as well. Following the procedure, significant fluctuations in weight can have a negative effect on the skin, causing it to stretch and sag, creating wrinkles. Other lifestyle choices, like drinking alcohol and smoking, can also make skin age at a faster rate. Taking care of your body and overall health can make your facelift last longer.
3. Laser resurfacing can renew the skin in specific areas or over the entire face. Laser resurfacing is a process that uses intense light to remove the top layer of skin, producing a rejuvenated appearance. It can reduce fine lines and wrinkles and remove blemishes and discoloration that occur for a variety of reasons, including the type of sun exposure that many Tampa facelift patients try to avoid. Laser resurfacing also promotes the growth of collagen, which prevents wrinkles from forming during the treatment period. It is a procedure that helps to prolong the results of a facelift.
Tampa Facelift Patients Gain Benefits from Additional Procedures
4. Injectable products can extend the life of your Tampa facelift. Injectable products like Botox, Restalyne and Juvederm are used to add volume to targeted areas of the skin. Dr. Castellano recommends their use to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and on areas of the face that are not affected by a traditional facelift. Unfortunately we all continue to age even after a facelift, but injectables can restore a youthful appearance immediately with no downtime.
5. Stay hydrated. You skin is the largest organ in your body and it is made up of about 65% water. Proper hydration is a critical factor in maintaining a youthful look. Without it, skin will dry out and lose elasticity, speeding up the aging process. Drinking plenty of water is important to keeping your face looking young and vibrant.
Caring for your Skin Still Important after a Tampa Facelift
6. Use professional skin care products. After a Tampa facelift, it is especially important to use the right skin care products on your face. Professional, medical grade products are FDA regulated and have higher concentrations of the active ingredients that have been proven to improve the appearance of skin. They also have better rates of absorption, so they will penetrate and be absorbed by the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in effective and long lasting results. These professional skin care products can only be obtained through a physician and can be tailored to fit your specific needs and skin type. They will help you keep your new, youthful look long after your Tampa facelift.
Dr. Castellano is one of the foremost cosmetic surgeons in the Tampa Bay area. He has perfected the Simplicity facelift technique, developed right here at Elite Facial Plastic Surgery. The Simplicity facelift produces a dramatically younger appearance without the invasiveness of a traditional facelift or the extensive downtime. Dr. Castellano is also double-board certified, making him an expert in cosmetic surgery as well as post-operative care and non-surgical techniques like laser resurfacing that will help your facelift last a lifetime.
If you are considering a Tampa facelift, call (813)975-3223 today to schedule your complimentary consultation or visit our website at www.EliteTampa.com for more information. Elite Facial Plastic Surgery is a fully accredited medical facility, staffed by professionals who will help you reverse the aging process now and in the future.