Now that you have decided that it is time to see a plastic surgeon in order to improve your appearance and reduce wrinkles, the next step is to find the right facial plastic surgeon in the Tampa, Florida area.
6 Tips on Finding a Facial Plastic Surgeon:
1) Board-Certification – no matter what type of procedure you plan to undergo, make sure that you choose a plastic surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably by the America Board of Otolaryngology for head and neck surgery. This certifies that the physician is well trained and qualified in surgical procedures.
2) Affiliations and Professional Associations – the best doctors are usually affiliated with a hospital and with professional organizations. Look for a doctor that is on hospital boards, involved in clinical trials, is an instructor in their field and other evidence that they are staying current in their profession. Beware of any surgeon that does not readily provide a CV or Resume with their certifications.
3) Accredited Facility – it is important to find a plastic surgeon that works in an accredited medical facility. Many plastic surgeons are certified by the AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care) which means that the organization has committed to providing high-quality care and measures up to the Accreditation Association’s high standards.
4) Experience – look for a plastic surgeon that specializes in the procedure that you are considering. If you are having a facelift or work done in the facial region, then a facial plastic surgeon will be a better choice than a surgeon that handles the entire body. Ask about the years in practice and how many similar procedures they have done over the years. Beware if the doctor is not willing to provide referrals along with before/after photos of their work with other patients.
5) Consultation and Information – most credible plastic surgeons prefer to have a consultation in advance of any surgery on a patient. Look for a surgeon that offers a complimentary consultation so you can learn more about what to expect of the procedure and their philosophy on plastic surgery. If you are not comfortable during the consultation or with the recommendations of the doctor, then you should take your business somewhere else. Most importantly, do not be pressured into making a decision. Reputable plastic surgeons will not push a client into doing work that is not necessary.
6) Referrals and References – a referral from another doctor or a reference from a patient is a good sign that you are working with a well-qualified surgeon. Always ask the doctor to provide names of patients that have had the same procedure so you can check to see how they liked their experience and results.
Once you have narrowed your list of potential surgeons and have taken the time to meet with them to discuss the procedure, make sure to ask about how best to prepare for the surgery. The more information that you provide to the plastic surgeon about what you are hoping to achieve and the more information that they provide to you about what to expect, the better the overall experience. According to Dr. Michael Jasin, a board-certified facial plastic surgeon in Tampa, “a well-educated patient is the best patient” and that the most successful surgeries are a “result of good communication between both doctor and the patient.”
Facial plastic surgery is considered to be a very safe from a medical standpoint but it is critical to work with a doctor that understands your goals and what look you wish to achieve by having a procedure. Dr. Jasin’s medical team specializes in providing the least invasive procedure that helps to produce the naturally younger look that his patient’s demand. If you would like more information about the Elite Facial Plastic Surgery or would like to set up a complimentary consultation, then please contact us at (813) 975-3223 or visit us on our website at www.JasinFacial.com